City Family Practice is currently seeking a Medical Receptionist to join our team. The successful applicant will need to be flexible with a positive, can-do attitude in their approach to tasks delegated to them and have exceptional communication skills both verbal and written. You must have strong time management skills, be highly organised and be a well presented, matured minded team player, to be successful in this role. General office experience, preferably in the health industry would be an advantage.
The position is for a full time person to work from 9.30 am to 6pm Monday to Thursday and 9.30 am to 4pm on Fridays.
- The ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and work productively within a team environment
- Ability to communicate with a diverse range of people
- Previous experience in a medical reception or similar administrative position
- Previous experience in the use of Best Practice medical software
- Working knowledge of Windows based software systems (eg, Word, Excel)
- An understanding of the Medicare Benefits Schedule
- An understanding of medical terminology, medical and allied health professional organisations
- An understanding or experience in general practice accreditation and standards
The successful applicant will be required to:
- Undertake a pre-employment interview
- Provide appropriate references for contact as requested by the practice
- Participate in the practice orientation or induction program
- Participate in a performance appraisal process as required
- Have current CPR training undertaken within the past three years or willingness to participate in such training
- Have or apply for a Working With Vulnerable People card
You will be rewarded with:
- A great team and an energetic working environment!
- Stable, long-term employment with remuneration negotiable, depending on skill level and experience.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Medical Practice Manager to manage a boutique upcoming specialist private medical centre at Deakin, Canberra. The Practice Manager will work closely with the Director, a nationally well-respected Psychiatrist, in setting up the practice, including its systems and processes and then its ongoing management. A strategic business focus for development and expansion of services is needed working with external stakeholders such a private and allied health funds. We are seeking a Practice Manager on a full time or part-time basis who can commence in February 2020. Working hours are negotiable and will increase with the growth of practice.
The key responsibilities of the position include:
- Ensure the efficient and effective operation of practice with exceptional customer service
- Reconciling patients accounts and financial records
- Oversee the financial management and reporting functions of the practice
- Managing the recruitment and supervision of other administration staff
- Oversee roster of nursing staff
The successful candidate will possess:
- Practice Management experience from private medical centres
- Excellent financial management skills
- A high level of leadership skills
- Excellent personal organisation and time management skills including the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, manage competing demands, changes in priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experience with payroll, rostering and marketing is desirable.
- Business administration and/or formal qualification in practice management is desirable
Family First General Practice is seeking an experienced, motivated, friendly and committed medical receptionist.
The receptionist role includes but not limited to:
- answering phones
- managing appointments
- greeting patients
- scanning and general administration duties
- managing Medicare claims and private billing
- processing of workers compensation claims
- banking reconciliation
- Must have experience as a Medical Receptionist in a similar environment
- Experience in liaising with doctors, staff, allied health professionals and patients on a daily basis
- Prior experience using Best Practice software or similar medical billing software would be an advantage
- Experience or knowledge relating to Medicare related billings
- Ability to multi-task and perform appropriately under pressure
- Flexibility in working hours/shifts and reliability
- Ability to work autonomously as well as within a team environment
- Have excellent client, communication and computer skills
- Must be well presented at all times